Designing a garden for a small space often requires a lot of creativity and a well thought out design. Gardens in small spaces have their limits, but it need not be limiting.
With outdoor space being reduced more and more by houses, I asked the guys their top 10 tips on designing for small spaces.
1. Make the most of the vertical surfaces in the space
2. Avoid narrow garden beds
3. Use seasonal plants with longevity ie. nice leaves, bark, scent & flowers
4. Plant trees with branches well above head height
5. Plant plants in the ground rather than in pots
6. Avoid creating levels in areas with traffic
7. Don’t forget well placed lighting
8. If covered, make sure the ceiling is lofty
9. Try & see the sky and sun
10. Create a strong access point into the garden